What First Aid Equipment is needed in cricket?
The start of the cricket season is just around the corner, meaning that first aid cover will be required at cricket grounds all over the country each weekend. But what first aid equipment is required to provide effective care and support.
Clubmark accreditation also means your club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages, as well as assuring parents and carers that they are choosing the right option for their young children.
One of the criteria’s of becoming a Clubmark certified club through the England Cricket Board is that all clubs must have a designated first aid kit. This kit must be made available to all junior teams at a cricket club and it is heavily recommended that a first aid kit also be made available for the senior team.
The ECB do not outline any specific content that must be contained within these kits. However, her at Firstaid4sport we have designed a range of Cricket specific First Aid Kits ranging from a small personal first aid kit to our advanced kit.
Our kits have all the basics needed to provide effective care pitch side in any sport with a few added extras that are more specific to the demands of cricket. An additional roll of 3.8cm Premium Tan Zinc Oxide tape and two rolls of 1.25cm Zinc Oxide Tape will come in handy.
The full content of a Team First Aid Kit is:
- 1 x Firstaid4sport Shoulder Bag
- 1 x Rip Tape 5cm x 4.5m
- 1 x Rip Tape 7.5cm x 4.5m
- 4 x Non Woven Triangular Bandage
- 10 x Non Woven Swabs 10cm x 10cm
- 5 x Sports Blister Plasters
- 1 x CPR Guidance Leaflet
- 20 x Waterproof Plasters
- 10 x Skin Closures 3mm x 75mm
- 1 x Microporous Tape 2.5cm x 5m
- 2 x Double Sided Non Adherent Dressing 10cm x 10cm
- 6 x Medium Sterile Sports Dressing 12cm x 12cm
- 2 x No. 16 Eyepad Dressing
- 6 x Wound Cleansing Wipe Alcohol Free
- 1 x Eyewash Pod 20ml
- 1 x Petroleum Jelly
- 1 x Ice Pack Sleeve with Elastic Strap
- 3 x Instant Cold Pack
- 2 x Resuscitation Face Shield
- 1 x First Aid Scissors Blunt/Blunt
- 1 x Scissor Bandage and Clothing Shear 7in
- 1 x Foil Heat Blanket
- 3 x Nitrile Gloves Medium/Large (pair)
- 2 x Yellow Self Seal Disposable Bag
- 1 x Nail Clippers
- 4 x Big Plaster 7.5cm x 10cm
- 1 x Generic Sports Kit Identity Tag
- 6 x Safety Pins
- 1 x Premium Tan Zinc Oxide Tape 3.8cm
- 2 x Zinc Oxide Tape 1.25cm
Another question many teams are unclear on are whether the home team are responsible for providing care for an away team, however it is in fact the away teams responsibility to bring their own first aid kit.
We are not suggesting that injured away players should be denied access to equipment if needed, but the home club’s responsibility is to provide cover for its team and guests of the club.